About my car
I bought this pickup after seeing it sitting in a field. The first thing done was a transmission change then a clean paint job with new wheels and tires.
I wanted to lift it but the manufactured lift kits were too expensive so I brought out the torch and welder to start a straight axle swap. I used axles from an 88 k5 blazer that had 4" lift springs and 2" rear blocks.
I did all the metal fab and build alone in my gravel driveway. There were times of struggle but with more thought it all worked out very well.
- This car was made in 1992 and I've driven it since 2013
- The Dodge Dakota (1st Gen) was in production from 1987 to 1996