Updating the Audio PT1 - Raspberry Pi and 7 inch LCD
So it's been a few years since I first converted the 1.5 din opening to a double din.
The Kenwood deck I had is OK, but when I upgraded my phone I noticed that the Pandora app no longer works on it. I looked into replacing the headunit with another, but the cost of these units, and also knowing that the same thing could just happen again in a couple years with features no longer working, I decided to try something different.
So my plan in to modify the opening to fit a 7 inch LCD screen, and using a Raspberry PI and the software OpenAuto, to update my audio system. The software will allow me to run pretty much programs I want, and also allow me to have Android Auto in my car.
This is the screen I purchased, as you can see it's going to take some modifying of the screen and the car some to make this work.