On the day I drove it home, outside of being ecstatic I did take notice of a few things that needed some immediate attention. For starters the stock suspension was weak and saggy causing the car to role while making turns. The fix: new upper and lower ball joints, heavy duty springs front and rear, load adjuster shocks in the front, air shocks on the rear.
I also hated the aluminum rims that were on it when I bought it. I started out with a set of staggered set of Rally Sport rim. 15x6's on the front and 15x8's on the rear just for starters. Within a few days I swapped the 15x6's out for a pair of 15x8's to complete that aggressive street muscle look that I wanted!
The fuel gage was not registering. Not a major problem. But what was really attention grabbing was while the engine temp was cool it performed fine. Once it reached optimum operating temperature it began to sputter as if it was choking for fuel. Over the next few days I would run it to narrow down my process of elimination. Since I knew I had to drop the tank to change out the fuel sending unit I felt I couldn't go wrong by installing a new tank. Once the tank was down I noticed that vacuum lines going to the charcoal filter canister were all dry rotted and brittle. None of this was surprising since the car had been sitting for quite a while. Well no time to waste, off to the auto parts store!