Carb Swap 

I put about 150 miles on the car over the last several weekends. I wan't to get 500 before turning up on the new motor. I have the rev limiter set at 4200 and have not been past 1/2 throttle. I ended up losing about 1" of vacuum with the smaller motor and a noticeably rougher idle. The engine seems to be able to take an additional 1-2 degrees of initial timing. The plugs look good and I put my wideband O2 sensor on it and it is running slightly rich. Bottom line is this is going to take a while to tune.

My 800 DP Holley has been heavily modified but I have not really gone through and cleaned it out over the last 3 years of running. I came across a Holley 6212 800 DP spreadbore on ebay for cheap and figured I could just slap that on temporarily while I messed with my big carb. This would also give me the chance to eliminate the adapter I was using and lower my shaker by almost 1".

What was supposed to be an hour job turned into a three day ordeal with a half dozen trips to the hardware store and a fair amount of re-engineering. We'll have to see if it was worth it but it looks good on the car and I am much happier with the shaker position.

Interesting for you

Interior

Interior

Engine
Here's a look 👀 at the engineFun to drive
Started the head work

Started the head work

Engine
Installing 2. 02 intake valves, something everyone told me could not be done. Having the heads ported and engine built by T&T Performance Engines
406 Small Block.

406 Small Block.

Engine
II traded for this truck about 6 yrs ago for my Grandson who is now 7yrs old. He helps me work on it, (when it's not too hot) and it's...
UPR Catch Can

UPR Catch Can

Engine
June 2017 While in Carlisle, I bought a UPR catch can, which was recommended to me by everyone with a supercharger! Very easy install, 10 minutes max!
20172ss quick pull up hill

20172ss quick pull up hill

Engine
Seems to be shifting alot cleaner no hesitation shifting gears whatsoever crazy what all a tune can do. .
Was so boring under the hood so I revised it.

Was so boring under the hood so I revised it.

Engine
This took about 3 weeks and alot of patience to do but the finished product is rediculously sweet!