Finished the Wheel/Tire and now rotor upgrades
Well, I finally figured out what I wanted to do with wheels/tires after a lot of investigation. It wasn't easy getting something to replace the Torq Thrust II's on the car but I wanted larger diameter, more modern wheels and lower profile tires. The challenge was the backspacing. I landed on Ridler 695's in chrome. The rears are 18x9.5 and the fronts are 18x8. Tires are Continental Extreme Contact DW's with the rears being 285/40r18 and the fronts being 235/40r18. Unfortunately, I had not option but use spacers to set the wheels to the proper position with my flares. I went with 2" on the rears and 1" on the fronts.
While I had the wheels off, I was looking at the old stock corvette rotors and though it was time to upgrade those as well. I had already put Wilwood calipers on previously but didn't change the rotors because I didn't want to drill out the factory rivets on the rotors. I should have done this at that time, but I finally did drill them out. Basically with about 20-30 minutes per wheel and a VERY good 3/8" drill bit, I was able to drill the rivets far enough down that with a small hand sledge I could knock the rotors loose. Once off, I had to smooth the remaining rivet shafts down. From there it was a simple bolt on off the new rotors. I went with the black Wilwoods because it makes them "disappear" inside the wheel well and looks like the calipers are just floating in there.
I've included a few pics of after and one before for reference. The whole car shots are sitting on my lift and nothing is cleaned or polished yet. I'll follow up with shiny daylight pics soon. The first couple shots are just showing the hubs and the new rotors, then the next four shots are the new wheels etc, the last three are the old setup.