Other things that have been going on lately. 

So over the last few months I fixed the throttle problem and drove it just fine for a while until the whining transmission noise kept getting worse and worse.

At this point I knew I had to order a new transmission soon, so I went to O'reillys and ordered another refurbished w56 5 speed from them, waited about a week and brought it home and started to tear down the truck to replace the tranny.

After a day of taking the exhaust off and taking out the bolts (first time transmission replacement) I dropped the tranny and found out both front and rear bearings in the transmission were completely shot and sounded kind of like a bad skateboard wheel.

After all this and a little bit of hammering a heat shield back for clearance I was able to get the tranny back in and bolted up the next day and driving better then ever! So if you ever have a manual transmission that's getting noisy and have the tools and car jacks to take out the tranny then it's better and cheaper to do it yourself.

Over all I'd say I spent about $1,500 on the replacement, $1,350 for the tranny and the rest in fuel and random parts I needed, so it was actually pretty cheap and fairly easy to do. Anyways hope you guys liked this adventure of mine and you all have a good one!

Interesting for you

Gas tank and fan clutch

Gas tank and fan clutch

DIY Repair
Changed ou the old gas tank with a new one and a sending unit and also the fan clutch and distributor With a MSD
More power

More power

DIY Repair
I bought 383 stroker deluxe crate from gm and it took me two days to put it in. the engine put out 446 ft pounds torch and 445 to rear wheels ....
Cab

Cab

DIY Repair
Worked hard the last two days and got the cab set and bolted down we now have the full cab done except the radio and the switches for the ac...
Trans is in

Trans is in

DIY Repair
The transmission is now in but to bad that I lost the d*** clip that holds the line to the slave cylinder.
Thermostat housing replaced

Thermostat housing replaced

DIY Repair
Installed new thermostat housing. Chrome. Did not turn out so good. Some how or something ate right thru the new housing. Had to reinstall old...
Had to do some front end work. All.!!

Had to do some front end work. All.!!

DIY Repair
Uppers & lower control arms bushings . But lower are given me a problem so got to replace the whole lower control arm. But lot cheaper that way.