Sequential LED Tail Lights - but a problem...
While attending Street Machine Nationals in Illinois a month or so back, I ordered some sequential LED tail light replacement modules from Easy Performance Products. I received the modules and spent a few hours installing them. The install wasn't too bad. You have to drill a how in the tail light housing for the control wires to pass through. Mount the PCB modules via 3M tape. Connect up the control wires between the 4 light modules. Finally, you have to run a power wire from the fuse box to back of the vehicle to power the controllers on the 4 lights. That was the most challenging part surprisingly. Getting a wire tucked out of the way from the FB through the firewall, under the car, past the completely independent rear suspension and to the tail light area was fun. I finally got them wired up and got them working.
Now for the problem, when I was talking with the folks from Easy Performance, they asked me if I had 1 "panel" or 2. What they meant was one tail light or two per side. I actually have two light assemblies but one is a backup light only. My bad, because I was thinking I have two light fixtures so I said, two. Well you can see in the video below the result. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to leave it alone, or see if I can fix or replace it.
I would be interested in feedback from you guys.