I took some time today to remote mount the winch solenoid, in the engine bay behind the, air box. I will need to fab an actual mount there, for now it is wire tied to the fuse box. I wanted to make the winch operational, so I could wind in the rope and put the Factor 55 thimble on.
My next informational post, will be post suspension install. Doing a road trip out to Total Chaos tomorrow. Drop the truck off and pick it up either Friday evening, or Saturday. "FINALLY" I normally do all of my own installs, but this one is different. TC will be filming the entire install. I definitely trust them to do it all right. They know their business well
Then comes the phone call with a potentially big problem
The backspace for the Rock Warrior Wheels, worked well to stuff 35's under the truck stock, but with the new suspension, the bypasses would be in the way, at full lock. They are better than 6.5 inches backspace, even with the wheel spacers, they are still too deep. Luckily I had a contact for Method Wheels and made the call. They will be sending 5 new wheels the (Meshed Machined) 17/4.75/9 , to TC, in the morning. They may have someone that can mount them , if not I will be picking them up for mounting. The plan is to go out to the desert, by the King Of the Hammers, to do a little filming and romping, on Saturday afternoon.
More to follow
I thought I was going to get the Method Mesh wheels, but decided on the standards in a machine finish.
Here are a few sneak peeks at what's going on
It was way dark, but I tried to get it under some light
First impression , it has a little squat in the back. Deaver made the springs from an estimate of weight I could calculate. I may not have had all the weight calculations correct. More on this later
Here's a little shot of the shiny stuff , with a little something extra. One of the reasons, it took longer than expected to do this install was because of the R&D , to get it made for production
I think I'm liking the look of these wheels. They also have the correct width for the fender flares
I got it back late
So far I can't get it to rub , anywhere. Tomorrow maybe a little dirt test
After the suspension install I could immediately tell the difference, on the road. Only problem was, I was carrying all the stock parts, that weighed the truck down in the back. that night, I took the hotel cart and unloaded all the parts , into my room :-) Saturday morning we followed Nicole from Total Chaos out to Indio and a few other places, to take a few shots.
We found a little trail with a few whoopydoos. It was about 1/2 mile or so... just enough for me to stretch everything out. Here's what my fender flare looks like, after getting just a bit of air. I can obviously set the bypass more firm, but it sure landed nice.
Next was "King of the Hammers", area. We actually went across the desert, to a sand dunes, where we took some video. There was also a GoPro in fender well. None of that footage will be available, until it's all worked out and edited. Nicole took most of the photo's and will get me some of them as she gets them processed. The wife just got a few shots that you see here . All in all the suspension works well. the boxed lowers, were what held up the installed, since they were still in development. Truck was way dirty, when we got back to the hotel. I was out early, looking for a car wash. Early am shots
I think I may need to raise the back a bit . It seems like it could use a little lift. What do you guys think?
I received these today I will be running 2 of these through the roof of the shell, for my wire runs. Along with these I got junction boxes. I like this idea, instead of several plugs that I need to mess with. Once I figure out mounting for the J boxes I will wire everything up and put the roof rack back on. If you need to make wire runs to the roof, Deck seals are the ticket. If its the main product for boating, I will trust it here.
There are different sizes and rubber to fit in them, along with a solid plug. I will save if I ever need to remove the rack
I have been working on rack pre wire . Also running all the cables through the roof.
All roof lights are now pre wired . When they come on, it will be mount and plug in
The (6) S2's are actually working. Those are actually the only roof lights I have currently.
I used a single junction box on the roof to run 2 cable in 2 cables out. The rack is actually lower than it was.
It was very exciting, knowing that the lights actually work, after all the intense figuring and wiring
One Switch-Pro panel is officially alive.