Next up,, the rack
Next up is the lighting.
Had a friend help me pull the roof rack and turn it upside down, on a set of horses . The way this rack is set up, has made my wiring life so much easier
Mounting the lights, were a breeze , since I used the same mounting system, the rest of the rack is designed with
Here are a few step by step, tasks done
These slots have a place, where you can insert bolts, that can slide and be captured to mount stuff
I had to change the mounting hardware and expand the bracket hole. Another trip to the hardware store, of course. I told them I would buy them out, one bag of bolts, at a time
Old bolt in back. I also used a nylon spacer/washer, so I could swivel the lights. Nylocks, will just keep them in place
Presto. one light done in just a few minutes, with the really cool mounting system
(3) of these per side should light up the camp area. They are 2150 lumens each and all of them are in flood pattern
All six lights are installed. Tomorrow, will be "roof rack pre wire", day. Hidden wiring and Delphi connectors, will be all set.
The rear light that hasn't arrived yet, is the 20" S8 amber light, still in development. it will have a backlit feature, plus a combo pattern. When you are on a real dusty trail, the trucks behind you, love that they have a guiding light
I was able to almost complete the roof rack pre wire.
3 runs of 2 conductor 18 gauge, for each light and brought to a central location, to meet the harness, inside the cap. I ran out of 2 conductor Delphi connectors, so I have 2 yet to crimp on. The roof rack is perfect for hiding wires and making everything look neat and tidy
Everything is sheath and heat wrapped. .
One extra wire run of 12/2 was ran from the central location to the rear of the rack, for the 20 inch bar.
I made these brackets to keep the harness from drooping. Again using the fastening system built right into the rack
And the connectors.When this is flipped over, all you should see is a small length of pigtail and possibly the connector. That's it
I wanted to get most of the weight in before I got the suspension installed . It will be good to try and set everything to actual weight I am rolling with. This will also tell me if something needs upgrading, but I hope not
I don't have the name of the crimpers, but here is a picture of them
Today was all about getting the frame done to the point where it can be painted and installed.All the shiny metal is what I added.
Presto.. it all fits !!
Cleaned up the compressor and just situated everything for install
Second box with most of the stuff installed
The air tank is just sitting on top. I think I'll clean iot and repainted it before install
The only thing left will be the trim piece I put where all the wiring runs are . Probably easily removable, for access
This was the idea I had to make a tire mount, but it will also sit flat, so I just don't know yet
I put the frig in and pulled the Bedslide out to the first stop point. You can actually pull it out 1/3rd more, but it still needs to be bolted down yet. Accessing the frig and things in the bed will be so much easier . None of the electronics interfere with the slide, so it worked out, just how it was designed